Friday 2 July 2010

Why ?!

We all come across many, many people in our daily lives. Only a few though, really influence us. Only a few leave a lasting impression. Quite simply, this blog is about 'those people' in my life :)

The people will be of all types. There will be family members who have influenced me, often without knowing it. Of course, there will be friends. But there will also be lots of mere acquaintances - people I've met just once or twice, but on those occassions have exerted such a favourable impression on me for qualities they possess, that they simply have to be made known. There will also be people I've observed from far - those I have met but have never met me :)

The qualities these people possess will be varied. I could describe the selfless humility of my Dad or the steady wisdom of my grand-mother. Or, it could be the determinedly secular outlook of my friend, Jonathan (Haenen) or the zest for life of Prof. Pete Grindrod from the Mathematics Department. It could be the 'other-peopleness' of my sister or the spotless genuineness of my brother-in-law, Gareth. It could be the striving for excellence of my supervisor, Slawek, or the courage to think BIG, of my other supervisor, Doug. It could be the perseverance of my writer-friend to get a break or the compassion displayed by my grand-father.

So, the blog is a celebration of these people and their qualities- to laud them for being just that little bit special. It is also a celebration of everyday life - a recognition that often, what we think of as our boring, mundane lives, are filled with exposure to values, attitudes, behaviours that have a much deeper meaning.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Nitin - I have read all of ur post so far ....ur sis xmas letter & stage 1 is too good and ur thatha is a super hero for sure, Bovas is simply captivating, last but the best is always MOM - Keep writing da - nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot Vinod, will definitely keep posting :) takecare

    ReplyDelete